Traveling is fun but it can be frustrating if you don’t have the right documents with you when you need them. It is important to have all of the important documents and information you need while you are on your trip. Keeping them organized will save time and frustration. Learn what documents you need when you travel and how to quickly organize them by using these organizing tips.
– Plan ahead by gathering information you need on hotels, places of interest, restaurants and transportation.
– Create a packing list and keep this on your computer so each time you travel you can print it and check off each item as you pack. If you find you needed other items for your trip add them to the list when you return home. You may need different lists for different types of trips.
– Gather all of your important travel information such as photo identification, prescriptions, passports/visas, hostel card, itineraries and airline tickets. Email your itinerary to family and friends who may also need this information.
– Print any emails or web pages that contain travel details such as contact information, electronic tickets, confirmation numbers for hotels and tours, and schedules.
– Divide your travel file into categories. Quick access to your flight information, tickets and boarding passes reduces a lot of stress at the airport.
– Make a list of essential phone numbers in case of emergencies. Call your credit card company or bank before you leave home notifying them where you will be traveling so they don’t block the use of your card.
– Place your schedule where you can find it quickly and easily as you will refer to it daily. Use maps and mark your directions, location and destination.
– Keep all the brochures which you think will be helpful as you travel.
– Keep all confirmations for your lodging in one location. Organize them in the order you will be using them.
– Keep all receipts from the trip. Put them in an envelope so you know where to find them. Use them to compare against your credit card bill or to submit travel expenses for reimbursement or tax purposes.
Keep your travel file handy, on the front side of your backpack or in the outside pocket of your suitcase. Now that your travel documents are all organized it is just one less thing for you to stress about on your trip. This will help you to experience stress-free travels.